Since I have suffered what seems to be My First Obsession Ever, I figured it might be helpful to create the Top 10 Ways to know if you’re truly obsessed so I can make sure. Here we go! (Please feel free to add any others you think might be applicable.)
10. You watch/read all new episodes/editions three times during the same weekend. (Check! This one I am at 100%)
9. You have joined groups online to fanatically discuss your obsessed topic and froth along with others as obsessed as yourself and keep on top of all news relating to said obsession. (Check! Only one group though, so maybe I am not totally there on this one. Hmmm)
8. Read/write fanfiction to get a little extra more of said obsessed topic, especially after horrid cliffhanger or season ending. (Errr, yeah, mucho guilty on this one…)
7. New unexpected collecting habit. Must have all things commercially available on said topic. Cards, photos, mugs, t-shirts, stamps, books, comic books, guides, jewelry, hats, clothing lines, signatures, etc. (Hm, only have some books, have some jewelry, some t-shirts…looks like I am not obsessed enough.)
6. Know all about full career of author/actors/directors/anyone associated with said obsessed topic. (Hm, I know some of the names. Some of the history. Even know a director’s name or two and what they worked on before. Hmmm. Need to work on this one.)
5. Have dreams about the universe, characters, storyline. (Dang it! No! Not yet. Why?????)
4. Must infect others! Purchasing multiple copies to throw at friends and coworkers so they too can enjoy (be assimilated) by said topic obsession. (Oh yeah! Three down, more to go! Bwahahahaha)
3. All manner of movies, TV shows, books, and life situations somehow bring up said show/topic. Almost like you can’t escape. (Bwahahahaha it is everywhere I look! Bwahahahaha)
2. Hours and hours of quotes are on the tip of your tongue and used for any and all occassions. (Yeah right! I’d have to have a memory to be able to do that! Hah! Now get me some PIE!)
1. Can spout every episode name/each volume name, order in the series/season and give a synopsis of same on command. (Eek! Just a little outside my reach. Bad Brain Cells.)
Hm, looks like I am not all that obsessed after all. Huzzah! I am still sane! Woot! (Shshshsh let me have my little delusions okay? Heh.)
funny funny list – guess I’m not quite as obsessive as I had thought either lol
The Women of Fantasy Blog
Haaaaa – totally. Was this way about XFiles, LotR and currently Korean Drama. LOL!
Ha, I'm totally obsessed, according to your list. XD I'm still trying to find a women's Knight Rider t-shirt, though… Must… Resist… But I can't, because I'm obsessed. Lol!
Maybe iam not that obsessed….But my sister is lolol Oh thank you iam the yongest must protect self with internets and information about the other family OH I NEEDED IT! Thank you!
Lol. Glad I could help. 🙂